Entrepreneurs in India design low cost Cocoon DeFlossing Machine
Jagadguru Sri Shivarathrishwara (JSS) Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVV) in Nanjanagud Taluk, Mysore posted their survey results. It seems mulberry cultivation has declined from 15,000 hectares in 1998 to 5000 hectares in 2013.
This 90% decline is alarming and the following reasons are causing this decline
- High fluctuations in cocoon prices
- Non availability of skilled labourers
- High wages of labourers
The laborers required for this job are required to be highly skilled as they need to remove the outer layers of the cocoon.
This cocoon floss removal is a tedious process and if not performed correctly affects the price these cocoons will fetch in the market.
There are 2 types of cocoons
Bivaoltine or white cocoons and Cross bred worms or yellow cocoons.
\White cocoons are more difficult to process. There are many cocoon deflossing machines available in India but they are very expensive and not efficient.
Cheap cocoon deflossing machine Designed Mr. Malaih an Entrepreneur in India , has invented a cheap, simple cocoon deflossing machine.
- Cost R2. 5000
- Removes 80 Kg of floss per day
- Number of devices sold 500
- Advantages over other Cocoon deflossing machines
- Easier to operate
- Saves time
- 80 kg deflossed per day as compared to 40 kg by other machines
- Smooth and steady in operation
- Price 5 times cheaper than other machines
- Double the efficiency
- Motor operated
- Unskilled labourers can operate it
- Labour costs reduced
How to get the Deflosser?
Contact Mr. Malaih
Mr. Arun Balamatti
JSS Krishi Vigyan Kendra
Suttur – 571129