Small business owners, here is a question for you. Do you really understand your customer? If you did, your sales would triple. People would just hang on to whatever you say. Why?
Simple, because that is how humans are.
We want someone to understand us, we want to fit in, yet we want to stand out. We want to look cool and look knowledgeable. We want to be liked and loved and understood.
Hint! Hint! So does your prospect. If you really did understand her needs you would offer her a solution which fits her requirements.
My Story and how it changed my LIFE
Last year due to some serious illness I was on a medication, which made me gain a lot of weight… This meant I needed new clothes. I went to a few clothes stores but was puzzled and frustrated by the variety (or lack of) of clothes. I did not know which to try on.
The clothes I did try on either were loose or too tight or made me look FAT. I still remember the day when I was in tears and called up a friend. I poured out all my concerns, and told her I couldn’t find a SINGLE decent dress. She suggested a shop which I went to. The service staff there was awesome. One lady asked me what I was looking for. I gave her a few suggestions. She made me wait a few minutes and returned with a few clothes.
Each and everyone fit me perfectly. They were just right for me. I purchased 2 right then and returned to purchase 2 more.
The shop has no clue on how much business this one sales girl has gotten them. I have referred many people to that shop. The sales girl seemed to understand me perfectly. Believe it or not, that one experience was a turning point in my life. I have never looked at sales like I did before.
This lady cared for what I wanted. She cared for my budget, my lifestyle requirements, and the choice of colours.
In my eyes, she will always remain an expert.
You might be wondering how you can get to know your prospective customer. It is actually quite simple.
Local Business Marketing Ideas
Find out where people like to hang out. These might be forums, niche blogs, and yahoo answers. As you start studying your business you will be able to identify these waterholes. Next would be to visit these places yourselves and listen in to conversations and network.
Never promote yourself or brag about yourself here, just participate and help. Ask questions, answer questions yourself or research online and suggest a link.
Slowly you will be able to figure out all the trigger points, the concerns, the most asked questions, common issues, frustrations. Use these to understand your prospects, to learn what they are looking for. You might be amazed that what you thought might be a major concern and what they actually think about something might be poles apart.
How else can a small business owner learn about their prospects?
Ask your prospects at a forum, on a niche blog, via a poll, via a questionnaire, a post on Facebook or Twitter.
How else can small business owners know what their prospects want?
By tracking their activities legally.
Check your Google Analytics and
- Identify what pages people are looking at.
- What are the keywords?
- What are the exit pages – Where are they going?
- Are the happy with what they find? – bounce Rate
- Are they walking through the same pages you had in mind? – Use sales funnels and goals to track this
The good part is that all this information is there at your fingertips for free.
This post was written by
Latha Lukose – who has written 110 posts on Make Money Online from Home in India.
Latha helps local business market their businesses online using free and paid techniques. She posts her latest local business marketing solutions on http://www.estellaeffects.com Latha Lukose Google+
Entrepreneur/Attraction MarketerEmail email@example.com Chat Skype: lathalukose
- Local Business Marketing Online – What are you selling? There are many websites online which have tons of resources,...
- Small Business Local Social Media – Geo Targeting Twitter for Small Business Small Businesses can use the geo feature of Twitter to...
- Small Business Off Page Marketing or Off Page SEO – Step by Step Guide Off Page Search Engine Optimization SEO in simple terms is...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Traffic Massacre - Drive Tons Of Targeted Traffic To Your Website.
- Lifetime Website Traffic Only $20
- Earn A Massive Maximum 75% Commission - Free Website Traffic Product!
- Optinskin : Premium Optin Plugin
- Submit Equalizer
- X-elerated Guides | Wow Gold Leveling Guide Addons
- High Converting Diy Solar Panel Ebook W/ Upsales - Go!
- Isoosi Web Directory Search Engine
- 50.0% Commission 15000 Private Label Articles
- Mass Traffic Domination
Find me on Facebook
- Google launched Google My Business
- Best Places to sell photos online
- Get Paid Draw Review , Scam or Legit, What is the Get Paid Draw Method?
- 5 Crazy Facts About Amazon
- Comprehensive Internet Marketing Home Study Training
- Empower Network India Honest Review – What do you get with Empower Network
- Youtube Quick Cash Review | Youtube Quick Cash What is it?
- Best Keyword Research Tool
- Meta Tags Adding them the Right Way, FREE Meta Length Checker
- Can CPA, YouTube and Facebook make you money?
- Earn money with Empower Network in India
- Youtube Video SEO – How to Rank Youtube Videos and Google Step by Step Today
- Generate Leads on Facebook – How To Easily Generate Leads On Facebook 2014
- How to get Facebook likes
- Empower Network In India Assignment
- Apple MacBook Pro Reviews
- E-business & E-marketing
- Entrepreneurs in India
- Google Adwords
- Kindle Fire Tablets
- Make Money Online
- Pay Per Click Adwords Books
- Scanner Reviews
- Small Business Marketing Software
- Traffic Generation
- Video Marketing
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011