Off Page Search Engine Optimization
SEO in simple terms is Search Engine Optimization, which means optimizing your web property for search engines, so that people looking for what you have to offer can locate your web property easily.
What is a web property? A web property can be any of these:
- Facebook Account
So what is optimization?
You are essentially placing keywords in images (with proper names and alt tags), inter links (contextual links), page names, in a natural and user-friendly manner, but which can be used by search engines to rank your page as per its algorithm.
Why do you want to bother with SEO?
So that your website comes up when someone is looking for a product or service you are offering.
I have paid someone for on-page SEO and it is done. Why do I need off-page seo?
Long ago I read somewhere online that the Internet is like a pie. The more of it you own the better. The bigger your slice the better for your website and the more easily you can be found. For me Off Page SEO means leaving footprints on the Internet, which make it easier for people to find me or my service.
Let me ask you a Question. Have you used Yellow Pages for searching for a service?
You probably have.
Suppose you were looking for a plumber. You would either
- Call a relative and ask for a reference
- Look up Yellow Pages
- Ask your neighbour or landlord
- Search Online
I use the Internet a lot. I look at JustDial – a service which is free to use. I can even call Justdial using a toll free number and they will SMS me a few numbers (of plumbers) when I ask for a plumber.
The point is, now that you know where you are looking and the steps you would take to look for a plumber, shouldn’t you be marketing your plumbing or web designing business in the same manner?
I use Google and probably 95% of people who use the Internet use this search engine too. So as a business owner, blogger, service provider, I must make an effort to list myself in Google somehow.
I want to position my blog on the first page of Google. But how can I do that?
Tip – Remember your customers will also perform similar activities as you would.
Now, that you know where they are most likely to look, why not place an advertisement there?
This is how I approach Off Page SEO.
I type in the keyword I am optimizing for in Google. I look at all the listings on the first few pages.
- If there is a classified website, I place my advertisement there or add a listing.
- If I find a directory then I add my listing.
- Web 2.0 property like Squidoo or Hubpages turns up – Add a lens or Hubpages
- Article Directory – Add an article for my company.
See how easy it is?
Next if it is a business with a physical address I use Business Review Pages. I also add a Google Places and Yahoo Places Listing.
By this time I usually notice a boost in rankings. Most SEO companies you pay money to do not perform all these.
There is another reason why you MUST use Business Review Pages. Business Review Pages allow users to leave reviews, feedback and comments about your business.
This is why search engines visit these sites often. After all a search engine wants to provide relevant and the best information to its users right? What better results than to show real time reviews?
Here are other ways to perform off page SEO over time. By the way those are the only activities performed by most SEO companies and I know because I have worked in those companies.
- RSS Submissions
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- YouTube video
- Article Marketing
- Forum Participation
- Commenting on websites and Blogs
- Using coupon site
- Craigslist Marketing
How inbound marketing and SEO work together. Dynamic Business blog This is essentially what search engine optimisation SEO is all about. There are two different types of SEO. On-page SEO relates to how well your website’s content is presented to the search engines. Off-page SEO looks at your website’s overall SEO PPC The Comprehensive Starting Points for Driving Mobile TrafficSearch Engine Watch. Using Off-Site Outreach to Increase Website Conversion The Four Pillars of Business 2 Community. Is Google’s Over Optimization Penalty Its Jump The Shark Moment In Web Search Marketing Land. Kingpin Webmaster News. all 69 news articles.…
These were some ideas to get started with Off Page SEO for your local business. Are you a business owner? Do you own a blog? Which off page techniques have worked for you? Have you used Business Review pages?
This post was written by
Latha Lukose – who has written 110 posts on Make Money Online from Home in India.
Latha helps local business market their businesses online using free and paid techniques. She posts her latest local business marketing solutions on http://www.estellaeffects.com Latha Lukose Google+
Entrepreneur/Attraction MarketerEmail firstname.lastname@example.org Chat Skype: lathalukose
- Local Business Marketing Online – What are you selling? There are many websites online which have tons of resources,...
- How to Create an Effective Social Media Marketing Plan Social Media is a powerful tool and must be an...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Solo Ad Success Formula
- X-elerated Guides | Wow Gold Leveling Guide Addons
- High Converting Diy Solar Panel Ebook W/ Upsales - Go!
- Pay Per Click Made Easy :: Get Extra 160% Roi On PPC
- X-factor Traffic:how To Get 1 Million Free Website Visitors In 60 Days
- Earn A Massive Maximum 75% Commission - Free Website Traffic Product!
- Free Traffic Volcano - Top Free Website Traffic Product On CB!
- 7.5% Conversion On Bitcoin Ebook From Established Brand
- Traffic Massacre - Drive Tons Of Targeted Traffic To Your Website.
- Submit Equalizer
Find me on Facebook
- Google launched Google My Business
- Best Places to sell photos online
- Get Paid Draw Review , Scam or Legit, What is the Get Paid Draw Method?
- 5 Crazy Facts About Amazon
- Comprehensive Internet Marketing Home Study Training
- Empower Network India Honest Review – What do you get with Empower Network
- Youtube Quick Cash Review | Youtube Quick Cash What is it?
- Best Keyword Research Tool
- Meta Tags Adding them the Right Way, FREE Meta Length Checker
- Can CPA, YouTube and Facebook make you money?
- Earn money with Empower Network in India
- Youtube Video SEO – How to Rank Youtube Videos and Google Step by Step Today
- Generate Leads on Facebook – How To Easily Generate Leads On Facebook 2014
- How to get Facebook likes
- Empower Network In India Assignment
- Apple MacBook Pro Reviews
- E-business & E-marketing
- Entrepreneurs in India
- Google Adwords
- Kindle Fire Tablets
- Make Money Online
- Pay Per Click Adwords Books
- Scanner Reviews
- Small Business Marketing Software
- Traffic Generation
- Video Marketing
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011